Everyone has an untapped potential for greatness. It only takes a few steps to overcome the mental boundaries to discover it all. – Gerald E Nigma
Ability isn’t rocket science, but it’s pretty darn close. Natural ability is the untapped potential which our mind and body use to stimulate all the five senses. Every human being has a capacity for great things, some are just less fortunate than others, but that doesn’t mean they are less gifted. The mind still has as many mysteries as our past has variations in origin.
What I’m talking about is talent. The power to showcase your ability to do something well for an extended amount of time. But not all talent is natural. Many people have taken the time to hone and perfect their technique and skills into something magnificent. But even when it becomes great, there is always better. It takes lots of practice, lots of mistakes, and lots of pain and frustration before a hint of getting it done right is within sight.
Ask anyone whom has had success. They’ll tell you that despite the hard times and failures, knowing the end result and focusing on that, helped them endure it all. That’s why it’s important to mentally train yourself into preparing for the trials you will undergo when pursuing your success for whatever it is. You have the ability to do whatever it is you desire. So what’s stopping you?
Let’s take a moment to dissect ability in its literal sense.
Ability / uh-bil-i-tee / (as defined by dictionary.com)
- Power or capacity to do or act physically, mentally, morally, financially, etc.
- Competence in an activity or occupation because of one’s skill, training, or other qualification.
Now that we all know what ability means, we can now determine which things come naturally and which need some training program. It is said that it takes twenty-one days to make something into habit. So if you become frustrated and give up in the first few days, you’re not taking the necessary time allotted to get things going. You can’t expect to be a shining star overnight. So don’t rush yourself.
Another thing about ability is that it can be obtained through guidance and repetition. If you know someone who has had the success in the area you find interest in, ask them what they did to get there. You’d be surprised to find what kind of information you’ll receive from those who’ve been there before. All it takes is a little desire and the right attitude.
Here are some helpful tips you can use to gain success in enhancing your abilities:
Tips for success
- 1. Develop a great attitude
- Anybody who is successful has a positive attitude toward success. You must believe in yourself.
- 2. Weigh the importance
- Everybody has their opinions, not all are bad. If it doesn’t help you better yourself, then it shouldn’t hold much bearing.
- 3. Focus on desire
- Everyone desires better things. Whatever it is, don’t give yourself an excuse to stop unless what you desire hurts others in the process.
- 4. Sustain the positives
- Many things gravitate to positivity, even the negative. Pay close attention to the positive things happening around you.
- 5. Pain is gain
- You know the saying: What doesn’t kill you only makes you stronger. Expect it to be difficult and you’ll never be surprised by when you fail.
Inspiration is something we all seek. That’s why I’ve dedicated a portion of my life to help inspire and motivate others. Please follow along on my blog of inspiration for more inspirational posts.