Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races, one right after the other. – Walter Elliot
Lately, I’ve been placing my own quotes on top of my inspirational posts, but that quote there really resonates well with me. Besides, perseverance is the topic of discussion for today.
Before we start, let’s look at the definition:
per·se·ver·ance /ˌpərsəˈvirəns/ (as defined by Google)
- steadfastness in doing something despite difficulty or delay in achieving success.
Everyone wants success. Whether it’s within their own everyday routine or a more important and influential endeavor, it doesn’t matter. Success is only as elusive as you allow it to be. If you desire it, all you need to do is make the necessary preparations and start it. Talking success is not the same thing as walking success.
No successful person, group, team, or organization goes without a game plan. The most important step in a successful game plan is perseverance. The ability to stay focused, despite negativity and opposition is a must. If you defer from it, you’ll find yourself in failure, almost all the time.
According to Thomas Edison, many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. This is a realization everyone must have. You will never know what success is until you meet it face to face. So, don’t give up.
On your journey toward success, you’ll encounter more than enough disbelief and negativity. The words of people who tell you you can’t do things are just a matter of opinion. It’s only their perspective, and a reflection of their own ability to do what you’re trying to do. A fact is something that’s proven by repetition of the same. Are you willing to let others’ opinions become YOUR facts of life?
If you can imagine yourself in a different way, then you’re already halfway there. Learn to persevere through the difficult moments, because they won’t get any easier. Empower yourself and once you get to the other side, you’ll look back at it all, just to laugh and smile, about how you thought of it before.
Here are some helpful tips to stay focused and persevere:
Tips to focus and persevere
- 1. Develop a great attitude
- Anybody who is successful has a positive attitude toward success. You must believe in yourself.
- 2. Weigh the importance
- Everybody has their opinions, not all are bad. If it doesn’t help you better yourself, then it’s not important.
- 3. Focus on the dream
- Everybody dreams. Big or small, if you’re not staying true to it, it won’t happen.
- 4. Sustain the positives
- Many things gravitate to positivity, even the negative. Pay close attention to the positive.
- 5. Embrace the negatives
- It’s hard to believe, but the more negatives you encounter, the closer you are to the positive.
- 6. Pain is gain
- You know the saying: What doesn’t kill you only makes you stronger. Expect it to be difficult and you’ll never be surprised by it.
Inspiration is something we all seek. That’s why I’ve dedicated a portion of my life to help inspire and motivate others. Please follow along on my blog of inspiration for more inspirational posts.