Success can only be as elusive as you allow it to be. – Gerald E Nigma
It’s not rocket science to find out how to be successful. But the ideas of success evades and eludes us just as much as the pursuit to happiness does. It’s a matter of outwitting your own mentality, under-thinking the consequences, and dodging the doubters at every corner of the word. Truthfully, success is right in front of our faces. All we have to do is visualize it, then reach out and step forward.
Success is not always big. The very moment we set upon this earth, we are challenged to be successful. The first breath of air may not even reach our lungs, until we get slapped into the world. This is exactly the way we look at success as we think about it. We trick ourselves into seeing it as something unreachable and unattainable. But if you truly focus on getting it done, you’ll eventually pocket it for safekeeping.
The best way to visualize success is on a two-sided coin. You either get heads or you get tails. Instead, one side reads failure and the other side reads success. You cannot have one without the other. In fact, the best way to success, is by making all of the mistakes you possibly can and failing to produce the desired result. From those failures, you now created a map for yourself, on where not to go, the next time you encounter a similar situation.
What does it really mean to be successful? It is much more simple than what you might be thinking now. To find out how to gain success, we need to know what it is first.
suc·cess /səkˈses/ (as defined by Google)
- the accomplishment of an aim or purpose.
- a person or thing that achieves desired aims or attains prosperity.
- the attainment of popularity or profit.
Basically, you achieve success when you do something right. Regardless of the magnitude of success, it’s still considered success. Success is success. Just because you don’t agree, doesn’t mean it’s any different. So what kind of success are you looking for? That’s the real question to ask yourself.
Success doesn’t happen overnight. It takes time. It takes action. Probably more time than anyone would like, but that’s unavoidable. It’s about making the smaller steps that lead up to the big one. Similarly, not doing anything will keep you in the same place. But in order to head in the right direction, you first need to figure out the what, the why, the how, and the when.
Here’s a list of steps to follow in order to gain success:
20 Steps to Success
- 1. Develop a great attitude
- Anybody who is successful has a positive attitude toward success. You must believe in yourself.
- 2. Decide what you want
- Everybody has dreams and desires. Specify what you want to accomplish and stick to it.
- 3. Be a good student
- Ask people who have success and learn from their experiences. Be sure to take notes.
- 4. Set up goals
- Start by writing it all out. Creating goals emphasizes your commitment to success.
- 5. Devise a plan
- Break down the goals into individual steps to ensure you head in the right direction. Make it into a checklist.
- 6. Prepare yourself
- Set up your area and gather all the necessary tools, including food, before you start. This will keep you from becoming discouraged throughout the day.
- 7. Take action
- Taking the first step is difficult, but it’s necessary for things to change. Don’t allow yourself to stay where you are.
- 8. Pace yourself
- Even though you may have learned of ways to do it, you can’t expect to repeat it the same way, as quickly. Everyone works differently, just make sure you keep moving forward.
- 9. Be on time
- You have to be early enough to give yourself plenty of time to accomplish your goals. Being late extends the work and misses deadlines.
- 10. Work a full day
- No matter how long you decide for a full day, be sure to work the allotted time you set aside for it.
- 11. Work efficiently
- Time is precious. If you’re waiting on something to finish up it’s process, begin something else that helps accomplish your goals.
- 12. Stay focused
- If it’s not important and it doesn’t help you reach your goal, leave it until after you’re done working.
- 13. Maintain your attitude
- Success is a “can-do” mentality and is 99% attitude, 1% effort. Believing you are capable will keep you going. Take a break if necessary, to get nourishment or motivation.
- 14. Expect to fail
- No one is perfect, that’s why everybody strives to become better and expect greater. Learn from your mistakes.
- 15. Write things down
- Memory seems to escape us every now and then. Writing what does and does not work will keep you from repeating the same mistake twice.
- 16. Have fun
- Explore alternate ways of doing things. This will break up the monotony. As long as it doesn’t harm you or anybody else, go for it.
- 17. Review your work
- Compare your notes against your checklist. Mark off everything you completed for the day and prepare a new list for the next day.
- 18. Stay organized
- During clean up, keep your area nice and neat in order to find things you need. This avoids wasting time and unwanted frustration later on.
- 19. Reward yourself
- Every single time you reach one of your milestones, no matter how small, celebrate it. Just don’t overdo it. Moderation is key.
- 20. Get some rest
- We’re all human. Do what you need to do to relax in order to regain focus for the next day. It’s difficult to work on anything without a good night’s sleep.
Using this list thoroughly will initiate it into habit. It applies to everything you need success in and will become easier for you to get completed. You might even save yourself time down the road by becoming proficient enough with it. The biggest things to remember from the list above are having a great attitude, having fun, and learning from your mistakes.
I wish all of you the best of luck in your endeavors and great success in the future.
If you liked what you read here and would like more of this, please remember to like, comment, share and/or follow. Thank you all for reading and your support.