Fear is an unseen barrier which separates us from the path of our own success. – Gerald E Nigma
Fear is a powerful emotion that either forces our hand to proceed with or cease actions that our minds cannot process rationally. Fear is also a mental inhibitor that stops us from doing things we could or would do, if the unknown wasn’t such a huge mystery. What really compels us from fear is curiosity.
Let’s examine the definition:
Fear /`fir/ (as defined by Google)
- an unpleasant emotion caused by the belief that someone or something is dangerous, likely to cause pain, or a threat.
- be afraid of (someone or something) as likely to be dangerous, painful, or threatening.
The thoughts of fear that provoke us and prevent us are just that. They are neither true nor false. The fear we feel inside is created by unknown factors, designed by the one experiencing the emotional distress. It is a self inflicted emotion. Once we realize this, it opens an opportunity we need to move forward.
The only reason fear keeps us on our current path, is because we believe that we will make mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes, but it’s the choice we make after, that defines who we are. Here’s the truth behind it. You can’t make things better without learning from your mistakes.
Below is a list of realization to fear.
Realization of fear:
- You’re not afraid of the dark, you’re afraid of what might be in it.
- You’re not afraid of heights, you’re afraid of falling without support.
- You’re not afraid of people, you’re afraid of the rejection involved.
- You’re not afraid to love, you’re afraid of it not being returned.
- You’re not afraid to let go, you’re afraid of how to feel when it’s finally gone.
- You’re not afraid to try again, you’re afraid of failing over and over again.
- You’re not afraid to fail, you’re afraid of the changes you’ll undergo.
- You’re not afraid of change, you’re afraid of the challenge it holds.
I, Gerald E Nigma, am a life coach, but foremost a writer and author. Having gained knowledge, both through my own experiences and education, I have helped many friends and acquaintances.
This site is dedicated to reaching out to those in need, who are searching for encouraging words, to help inspire, motivate and help get through life’s challenges. I do not ask for compensation. I only lend my ears and knowledge in hopes to see anyone overcome their situation. I do not provide legal advice.
If you would like to contact me directly, please email me in the link provided, or view it here